Structural Engineer – FEM Specialist
Are you interested in the challenges of designing & simulating complex engineering structures and devices? Would you like to participate in word-class projects? Is numerical modelling your passion? Is the client satisfaction and the goal achievement an out of the question approach in your professional life? Take part!
Job Reference: FEAC-EN-2017-1
Structural Engineer in the FEAC and PITHIA team.
As a Structural Engineer, initially you will:
- Take a leading role in the engineering team by preparing and executing of Finite Element models.
- Make multi-physics calculations related to the projects under design.
- Represent FEAC in meetings, conferences & exhibitions.
- Provide technical support to the customers of the SIEMENS PLM suite.
At a later stage, you will:
- Take responsibility for the training of other engineers.
- Take active role in the participation of FEAC in international conferences and exhibitions.
- Take active role in the participation of FEAC in international consortia and in writing technical proposals.
Master’s degree or PhD, or equivalent relevant experience in the field of mechanical engineering with specialization in computational mechanics.
Experience and competencies
The experience required for this post is:
- Proven practice in mechanical and thermal calculations.
- Demonstrated experience in 3D modelling and simulation models.
- Experience in projects involving academic and industrial partners.
- Experience with space, marine, energy, or automotive industry.
The technical competencies required for this post are:
A. Mandatory competencies:
- Static & dynamic structural analysis, modal, fatigue &buckling analysis.
- Thermal analysis and modelling.
- 2D & 3D CAD:
- SIEMENS NX CAD software as a preference,
- ANSYS Spaceclaim
- SIEMENS PLM: FEMAP and/or Simcenter 3D
- ANSYS: AIM, Workbench, APDL
- Experience in designing according to validated norms (European, classification societies, etc.)
- Bolt design by analytic approach.
B. Competencies to be considered as additional advantage:
- Fluid-structure interaction modelling, from the view of the structural engineer.
- Acoustic analysis with BEM and/or FEM, fatigue analysis.
- 2D & 3D CAD:
- BETA CAE Ansa/μETA
- Experience in designing according to European Norms.
- Python , C++ programming language
- Validating of simulation models through test data.
The behavioral competencies required for this post are:
Achieving results: having a structured and organized approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind; delivering prompt and efficient service taking into account customer needs.
Learning and sharing knowledge: proposing ways to improve or streamline existing procedures, processes and methodologies.
Demonstrating flexibility: demonstrating openness to new ideas and situations.
Working in team: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
The language competencies required are:
Spoken and written English; ability to understand and speak the other language in professional contexts. Ability to draw-up technical specifications, scientific reports, technical proposals and to make oral presentations.
Any additional language, at a good level, will be considered as an additional advantage.
We welcome applications from all countries.
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 15.10.2017.
By applying here, you allow FEAC to consider your application for any position it considers relevant with respect to your profile. Please ensure you send us your updated CV and that you inform the recruitment service if you wish your file to be removed from the database.
Note on Employment Conditions
We offer a limited-duration contract for a period of 2 years. This contract shall terminate by default on their date of expiry. Any elongation of it will be discussed at that point.
These functions require:
Respect of the deadlines.
A valid driving licence.
Fulfilled military obligations.