Junior Structural and Design Engineer (VN-2018-001)
Do you enjoy designing and analyzing complex engineering structures? Do you want to start your engineering career working locally and impacting globally by participating in word-class projects?
Adamant Composites Ltd is an industrial SME working on high-tech applications of Advanced Materials and Structures offering our International Customers design and manufacturing of their advanced structures. We are a dynamic Small Company based in Patras, Greece, offering our employees state-of-the-art engineering projects, flexible working hours, and stable working environment in a competitive package. Since 2012 that the company started we have been growing, eventually creating a team of 15 engineers and technicians.
We offer a dynamic working environment, with challenging engineering projects and international exposure.
For the increasing needs of our Space projects, we seek to enlarge our Engineering Team with a Junior Structural and Design Engineer to support our international customers with Design and Analysis Services.
✓ Higher degree in a relevant engineering field (Dipl.-Ing. or MSc)
✓ 1-3 years of experience with FEA
✓ Fluency in English; understanding, speaking, writing for engineering
✓ Engineering Reporting experience
• Technical Experience and Competences needed:
✓ Good experience with CAD
✓ Experience with different FEA pre-/post-processors and solvers
✓ Analytical, Critical and Synthetic thinking; sanity-checking, error-proofing, delivering conclusions
“Nice to Have” competences:
✓ Experience with calculations of bolts and welds
✓ Familiarity with Aerospace structures
✓ Analysis of Composite Materials and Structures
✓ Programming (e.g. PYTHON, C)
Practical experience that would be greatly valued:
✓ Siemens NX for CAD and FEMAP for FEA
✓ Participation in hands-on projects
✓ Knowledge/Familiarity with ESA ECSS, or NAFEMS standards
• Interpreting customers’ and internal requirements
• Building FE models and relevant load cases
• Running FE analyses and interpreting results
• Performing engineering calculations by hand for validity checking
• Designing test devices for verifying functional performance of mechanical parts
• Reaching conclusions and suggesting improvements
• Reporting and presenting results to customers
• Proposing and implementing design changes to meet specifications
• Contribute to preparation of proposals and bids for new projects
• Propose and support internal R&D activities by formulating small studies
This Position reports to the Technical Director.
Location: Adamant Composites is based in Patras, Greece. A great place to live with young and vibrant people, close to the Sea and Mountains, and lots of accessible opportunities for personal development in a relaxed manner.
Why Should You Apply? If you want…
• Involvement in exciting and challenging international engineering projects
• Opportunities for on-the-job training and exposure to advanced manufacturing activities
• To make an impact through a Small and Dynamic company
Application process: Send your CV and a short cover letter via e-mail to: email@example.com